Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Successfully Lost Decoded: Thank God.


So, here I am thinking "Successfully Lost" was a wrap, thinking I had every song for my debut project. Then, @713street decides to send me something he was working on in the middle of my work day, COMPLETELY f*ckin' my whole sh*t up. The hook was so infectious...I just got a feeling, an irresistible urge even. The rapper was speaking a lil' bit louder than the lawyer. Luckily, my boss,@chelleesq didn't notice I took a little rap break but I had to get these verses out. It was so me. So unequivocally and authentically me. Thank God:

"Thank God I'm me." => My gifts, my struggles, my faith: I wouldn't trade my experience for the world, not because it is better than any other but, because it is mine. I can't help but feel we were all built for something and every now and then, when I'm lucky enough to notice, I get a glimpse further into my purpose.

"I don't know why I can't give her what she want but I love saying no to dames (Notre Dame(s)) like a hunch back." => Sometimes, it's fun to be difficult, lol.

"We just look a lil' different than y'all." => Well, clearly you follow me on IG so I'll just go out on a limb and say it's pretty easy for you to see that I look more "rapper" than most lawyers you know whilst somehow still looking more "lawyer" than most rappers you know. Crazy thing about it is my potnas are stand out guys too. We ain't everybody.

Listen to "Thank God" @ www.supergilles.com/music
#writingSuccessfullyLost #tbt

No comments:

Post a Comment